The 2006 Stonewall Book Award winners are announced. The envelope please ... Joshua Gamson, the author of The Fabulous Sylvester: the Legend, the Music, the 70s in San Francisco, wins for non-fiction. Abha Dawesar, author of Babyji, is the winner in the literature category.
· First, Howard Dean fires the DNC's gay liaison. Now, the Democratic Party chairman contradicts his party's same-sex marriage platform while appearing on Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network.
· Aqua, a new 82-story residential project for Chicago's lakefront. Architect Jeanne Gang has a "reputation for projects that are bold yet pragmatic."
· Does ExxonMobil have a problem with gay people? Fortune reports much of corporate America has embraced gay rights but the world's largest oil company has steadfastly resisted pressures to become more gay-friendly.
· Meanwhile, Ford shareholders overwhelmingly vote pro-gay.
· Report: Gay ad market tops $212 million.