· The New Jersey Supreme Court ruling on same-sex marriage, widely expected to have been issued this week to coincide with the retirement of Chief Justice Deborah T. Poritz, will apparently go-ahead as scheduled. The court website says to expect a ruling on Mark Lewis, et al. v. Gwendolyn L. Harris et al. by 3pm on Wednesday. (Thanks for update Andy!)
· LL Cool J is spotted in London and he "may not be so hard after all. While staying at London's Landmark Hotel recently he inquired about the 'best place I can get a facial around here'. "
· Reichen Lehmkuhl now claims he was the victim of a hazing-related sexual assault while a cadet in the Air Force Academy in the early 90s. (via Queerty)
· Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper has publicly endorsed Referendum I, the Nov. 7 ballot initiative that would allow gay couples to register as domestic partners and obtain many of the legal rights given to married couples. Meanwhile, Colorado's Roman Catholic bishops are urging parishioners to vote for Amendment 43, which would amend the state constitution to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman.
· Modern Fabulosity reviews the latest soul/jazz legend to undergo a modern and fabulous re-interpretation, Nina Simone: Remixed and Reimagined. "The trend started a few years ago with Verve Remixed, but this collection might be the strongest ever, with songs like "The Look of Love" and "My Man's Gone now" being transformed by Coldcut, Francois K. and Tony Humphries."