· Maryland: The state's highest court, The Court of Appeals (above), will hear arguments in a lawsuit seeking same-sex mariage. The state is appealing a Baltimore judge's ruling that declared the state law banning same-sex unions is unconstitutional. Live arguments are webcast here.
· California: Assemblyman Mark Leno (D-San Francisco) will reintroduce legislation that would allow same-sex couples to marry. The Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act is identical to a bill passed last year in both the Assembly and Senate but vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
· Montréal: Stephane Dion, the new leader of Canada's Liberal Party, will tell party members to oppose re-opening the debate on same-sex marriage when it comes before the House of Commons this week.
· The Washington Blade surveys businesses preparing for the new smoking ban in the nation's capital. Some nightlife promoters say the transition "is likely to be substantial" for the lgbt community because of higher smoking rates. Others say that's all the more reason to welcome the ban and hope it "could eliminate the link between drinking, socializing and smoking."
· Report: Most lgbt domestic abuse survivors do not report.