· President Bush's speech is just moments away but new reports say the troop
"surge" escalation has already begun. ABC News: "Ninety advance troops from the 82nd Airborne Division arrived in Baghdad today. An additional battalion of roughly 800 troops from the same division are expected to arrive in Baghdad Thursday.”
· The thousands of troops that President Bush is ordering to Iraq "will join the fight largely without the protection of the latest armored vehicles that withstand bomb blasts far better than the Humvees in wide use, military officers said.”
· Republican White House hopefuls are for—and against—the escalation. Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani support the action, but, surprisingly, right-wing homophobe Sam Brownback (R-KS) opposes the policy. Naturally, John McCain (R--AZ) supports the escalation; after all, this is the "McCain Doctrine."
· The Montgomery County Board of Education (Maryland) approved new sex-education curricula for the 8th and 10th grades that teach what it means to be gay "but omitted five positive messages about homosexuality, including a note that gays can live happy lives."
· Speaking of being happy, carefree and gay, you'll be happy to learn that very! straight! Bow Wow and girlfriend-less Omarion are no longer feuding over "top" billing on the "Scream Tour." Bow Wow says it was a "big misunderstanding" and "we squashed it like men should do. I'm about to be 20 years old. O is 21. I'm a positive dude. I try my best to keep my head on straight."