· Should rabidly anti-gay demagogue James Dobson be recognized by the Radio Hall of Fame? Truth Wins Out launches petition drive to keep the hateful Focus on the Family founder out of the museum. "It is outrageous and insulting that James Dobson would be nominated for the Radio Hall of Fame," says TWO Executive Director Wayne Besen. "We believe that character counts and nominees should have careers based on honesty and integrity—not discrimination, distorting research and outright lying."
· Cher laughs off rumors of a(nother) quickie wedding.
· Domestic violence and gay relationships, coast to coast. Los Angeles: City Council creates subcommittee "aimed at reducing incidents of domestic violence among same-sex couples [because ] often times police officers do not know what to do when they respond to a situation that involves violence between gay and lesbian partners." New York: Gay friendly Gov. David Paterson wants to expand domestic violence law to include dating relationships.
· Kenyan Anglican bishop threatens to quit the church over same-sex marriages. The Reverend Thomas Kogo believes gay rights activists are driven by ... "desire" for money and wealth. "God recognizes marriage between man and woman, and there is no way we will accept homosexuality and gay marriages. The Bible is very clear on the matter."
· A bidding war erupts over Ivorian footballer and Rod 2.0 fave Didier Drogba. "Despite continuing rumours that Didier Drogba will be heading to Milan this summer, Chelsea's new manager is "200%" sure the phenom will remain in England. Meanwhile .... "Marseilles fans have launched an appeal to raise £22m in order to buy" Drogba's contract.
"In a letter to Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA), former White House official Jason Burnett revealed that Vice President Cheney’s office deleted portions of the testimony of Center for Disease Control Director Julie Gerberding, who testified last year about the consequences of climate change on public health. In a press conference yesterday, Boxer charged that White House spokesperson Dana Perino had 'lied' about the rationale behind the editing of the testimony: 'As I understand it, she said, the draft information did not comport with that, the science that was in the IPCC report. This was a lie. And we proved it before. We had in the last press conference we did on this.' "