· Good as You has a front row seat at the Empire State Pride Agenda's gala Fall Dinner. "Both ESPA's Alan Van Capelle and Gov. David Paterson brought the crowd to their feet with fiery and unapologetic calls for more and greater LGBT gains. It made the crowd feel good about being an LGBT New Yorker living in 2008, and optimistic about continuing on as an LGBT New Yorker for the years to come." The event was hosted by Whoopi Goldberg who briefly discussed the event (video) on today's episode of The View.
· Waymon Hudson at Bilerico Project Florida reports a complaint has been filed with the state election commission "asking for an investigation of Florida Amendment 2 sponsor Florida4Marriage.org. They say the group has avoided disclosing donations, incorrectly informed voters of the source of advertising funding, and filed false or inaccurate campaign reports. They also say Florida4Marriage is improperly running television ads ahead of the Nov. 4 election."
· Support growing for California's Proposition 8? Marist poll finds support "widening" 52 percent to 43 percent and "leads in every region of California except the Bay Area." Donate here to fight Prop 8.
· Merrill Lynch executive gets $10 million golden parachute as firm slashes 500 jobs.
· Report: Crystal methamphetamine use contributing to spread of HIV in Utah. "Meth users are at an increased risk of engaging in high-risk sexual practices, including having multiple partners and not using condoms." Minorities are particularly at risk.
· Homeless shelters across Chicago receive "mandatory sensitivity training" on how to "better serve" the LGBT community. This after a lawsuit was filed by a lesbian who was denied a bed at a homeless shelter.