Bravo to Team Beyonce. The pop icon reportedly donated the $2 million she received to perform for Mutassim Gadhafi—the son of Col. Muammar Gadhafi and the Libyan national security adviser coordinating the bloody crackdown that has killed thousands—to Haitian earthquake relief.
Beyonce gave the money away as soon as she learned of Mr Gaddafi's connection to the concert at a private party on the Caribbean island of St Barts on December 31, 2009, spokeswoman Yvette Noel-Schure said.
"All monies paid to Beyonce for her performance at a private party at Nikki Beach St Barts on New Year's Eve 2009... were donated to the earthquake relief efforts in Haiti over a year ago," she said. "Once it became known the third party promoter was linked to the (Gaddafi) family, the decision was made to put that payment to a good cause."
Earlier this week, singer/songwriter Nelly Furtado tweeted she is donating the $1 million she was paid for a private concert for Libya's Gadhafi family.
Excellent decisions by Furtado and Beyoncé, who obviously do not want their brands associated with the carnage in Libya. And continued silence from Usher, Mariah Carey, 50 Cent and others who were also paid millions to entertain the blood-thirsty Libyan leader ... responsible for ordering soldiers to spray unarmed civilian crowds with machine guns and helicopter and bomber strikes against civilian targets, among other atrocities.
Speak now or possibly be forced to testify in a war crimes trial. The International Criminal Court in The Hague announced today that it will investigate Gadhafi, his sons, key aides for crimes against humanity.